Thursday, July 10, 2008

Letter to Abi in Argentina

Since I'm not to good at writing on my blog I like to just copy my letters I send to my Sister Abi on her mission. It gives a better update of what I'm thinking, doing, and feeling

Abi- I just thought I would get a letter off quick so you at least hear from someone since your e-mail has been turned off. I have really been praying for you and the people of Argentina. As I learn more and more about the circumstances that are going an there it is a true blessing you have the prayers of the whole membership of the church and are included in every prayer in every temple! Because if not there is no way you would be safe in any which way. I love you and I just want you to be safe. Over the 4th of July I was move as I thought of how blessed we are to live and be raised in America and how many opportunities we have because of this land. I know it is incredible to travel and visit other lands but there is nothing like being home.

Well for the last 24 day we have been in Utah. It is good to be home but we had a blast. We spent a week in St George with a family reunion; and then in Orem for the rest of the time. We swam, went fishing, and feed the ducks, went to Thanksgiving point to see the farm animals and just played around. Life with 3 little kids is hard to travel because you can’t do much, you still have to follow somewhat of a routine. Anyway I added some pictures so you can see.

I love what you said in your last letter…

“ I also know that with His many mighty miracles and wonders He personally spent hours making me and teaching me how to become the best I could long before my mission started. I have come to reflect a lot this week of how the Lord has prepared me for this call. I know that I had to have surgery on not only one but both of my knees because if not there is no way I would have been able to do this. He knew long before I did that I had weak knees. Just simple things that I never would have thought have often popped into my mind and as I have come to reflect every single choice I have yet made in my life, whether good or bad has lead me to this point in my life and I feel confident that this is exactly where the Lord wants and needs me to fulfill this marvelous work.”

I feel this same way I don’t know if I am capable of all the Lord has in store for me but I’m ready to try. Everyday I marvel at the Lords Tender Mercies. While we were up in Utah, Lindi dropped Allie out of the playpen and we thought fractured her hip. I called my insurance and my kids weren’t covered out of State so I would have to pay out of pocket for any bills. Allie was in so much pain and wouldn’t move, she would just hold on to me and if you tried to but her down she would just wince in pain. I had Lorin give her a blessing and it was incredible. He said, “To let her be healed by the Master healer.” Both Lorin and I opened out eyes full of tears. I felt the Lord was so aware of Little Allie and our situation. I then put Allie down for a little nap while I got in contact with a Doctor in Bev’s ward. They were so helpful and said to come in. I woke Allie up and went strait there. However, when I got there Allie was a different Girl. She was able to crawl around a little bit and wasn’t in hardly any pain. I then felt kind of stupid in front of the Doctor. He then determined that she just bruised her left hip and to watch her. As I went up front to check out and pay the bill. The Lady informed me the Doctor did the check up ‘free of charge’…wow! I knew that the Lord not only healed little Allie and comforted her but also took care of out finances since we are tight right now. I left the building and couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with the tender love of a Heavenly Father who watches out for me. Allie slowly recovered and is doing so much better. Well the story doesn’t end. Just last Sunday(Bev’s Ward still in UT) I sat down in church and stared talking to the guy next to me. Well at the end of Sacrament he says, “I noticed your little girl if favoring her left leg is everything okay?” He then explained that he just got back last week from being a mission president in Mexico but is a Pediatrician. He then gave Allie another examination and made sure the hip was healing properly…wow again!!! What are the chances- to sit next to a Pedestrian, and for him to be so observant and helpful. It was so comforting to know everything was healing right with Allie.

I just want you to know Abi how grateful I am for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives and that we are watched over. If we simple look for all that he dose in our lives we would be amazed. The Priesthood is real and works!!! It is incredible how the Lord tests our faith and requires certain tasks of us, but when we live up to it how blessed we are. Please share this message with your little village and add my witness to yours of the divinity of a Savior. He is and holds the key to happiness.

I miss you tons and am so proud of how hard you are working. I’m glad you have a new fun companion. The kids and Lorin say Hi too.

Lots of Love your Big Sister- Kelli

6 comments:

Tara Rickards said...

Kellie you have such a beautiful spirit about you! I love the way you look at life and your love for the gospel. I'm sure your kids will be blessed by your testimony. I'm glad Allie is doing okay. Experiences like you had in Utah are those wonderful reminders that the Lord really is aware of each of us.

Denise said...

It is so great to hear all about how you guys are doing! I wish you would have called when you were here in Utah. Congratulations on your pregnancy -wow four kids! I barely have enough patience for two:) Keep in touch.

Natalie Jensen said...

its fun to hear from you sure love you than you for your testimony

Callister said...

I'm so far behind in reading your updates so when I clicked on your page and saw the baby ticker, I scrolled down to find that you are due Jan 8th! Kelli! Congratulations to you and your family! Wow! You are such a special family and I feel so happy knowing that he/she will be taught and loved like he/she should. I miss you and love you. Nicole

Melissa said...

Congrats to you and Lorin on baby #4!!! You are perfect for about 7 or 8 kids, so patient and loving. It was fun to see all the pictures and I love the letters you write to Abbie.

Thanks for updating all of us! :) Love you and miss you.

richnliz said...

Hello Browns,
Good to hear of the miracle in your life (Allie) and another growing inside you how fun for you and Lorin. If anyone can have 4 in 4it is you two. I am glad life is treating you so well. We miss you !The couple that moved into your old house just had a baby boy!!

Love, The Dalton gang