Thursday, July 31, 2008

Church Help

HELP
I'm the Faith in God Leader in our ward for the 10-11 years old this week we did a 'Modest are the Hottest' activity and dressed ourselves both modest and immodest with newspaper and garbage bags. It was a blast. It is fun having my sister Emily in my group.

NEXT WEEK ...I need help coming up with a Parent Child activity. We have already done a nice dinner, and a Hoe down. so if you have any fun ideas I would love them. I have about 10 girls each time and visitors. This activity they get to choose to bring either Mom or Dad. Anyway I'm up or any thing. Thanks !!


I also go to a scripture class each week which I love this was one of the hand outs this week and being ready for the last days. The class was an eye opener of just remembering to not get comfortable and to always work on being better and more like our Savior. I was just trying to find something online and come across this prayer from George Washington it is moving. and helps me remember what an incredible nation we have and how it was founded in God. Now the last days are hear and things are not quite the same but at least we know we are near the end.

George Washington's Prayer for the United States of America

Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen

---George Washington, April 30th, 1789

6 comments:

Amanda D said...

You could do a game night with different stations. One station could have boggle, yahtzee, pictionary, etc. I think that would be fun. Good luck!

Gwen Hawkins said...

How about make caprison purses together. you would need all those moms to help sew and bring machines.

Heidi and Maxwell said...

Hi Kelli! I don't know if you have ever checked out this website, but I think it would be worth your time... www.sugardoodle.net

Anyway, just wanted to see how you are doing. I miss ya lots and love looking at the blog pictures. Have a fantastic day!
Love Ya,
Heidi

michele cabiness said...

You could do a version of "my dad's smarter than your dad" (I think that's what it's called) I actually only watched half of one episode and I didn't like it, but it might be fun to have the girls compete against eachotherwith their dads as a father daughter bonding experience!

Heidi and Maxwell said...

You could do a "newly wed" type game, but instead of newly weds, you test to see how much the parent knows the child and the child knows the parent.

What a fun calling!
Love, Heidi

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Sorry I don't have ideas for the activity, but congrats on the baby! That is pretty exciting!! I saw that you spent some time in st. george recently and i wish I would have known- it would have been awesome to see you again. But we are now moving up to west jordan becuase tim got a job up north- i guess you can check my blog for more details :) I am glad to see you are all doing well.