Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hanging out with the Brown Family.

Hear is a little update from the Brown Team.
Lindi loves to push Allie around in her stroller, and Allis is in love with Babies. This makes for a great combo. Lindi's favorite toy is Allie and Allie's is babies; so I'm a little nervous with the new born baby that is on his way.
We got this fun new toy at a garage sale for $5 and the kids have loved it. They think the top is another seat. And Allie is a good driver too.
Allie really is my mover and shaker. She is always into something this week was a little crazy. Sunday night she took a real big fall of the couch as she stood up to a stroller that was on the couch, which rolled off and she went with it face first into our rocking horse. She beat up her face pretty bad. My heart sank every time I saw her. It has now been a week and she is finally looking back to normal. I think she bused her whole right side of her face she could barely open her eye. This picture doesn't even do it justice.

Allie learned to walk her first steps this week I don't have video but she can stand up in the middle of the room and then take 3 steps before she then falls and starts to crawl. I'll try and get a video up soon. but she doesn't like to walk with me around just on her own so it is hard to capture. She also learned to crawl up onto our kitchen chairs and then onto the top of the table. I now need to make sure all the chairs are pushed in, so we don't get any more faces like this.Allie makes messes wherever she is. She is very fast, when she gets in the bear crawl, which is up on her feet and hands.


Lindi Learning to ride a Bike.
Lindi has been asking us for about 6 weeks to take off her training wheels and teach her to ride a bike. I have been real hesitant since she seems so young. Well it was a nice night on Wednesday and so we decided to try it. She did great for about 10-15 min. but then realized it was a lot harder then it looks. Lorin followed behind her and just helped to get the feel of riding and balancing. It was a good first lesson. Well through out the week she has now been teaching herself, which that is how she always likes to learn. She has been in the back yard and simple practices balancing and starting with just a one rotation of the peddles. So here are a few pictures from the night...

1. Lindi before we started
Here is a little Video

2. Lindi when she had had enough3. Lorin suggesting they take a ride on a "real bike" and the two of them taking a spin around the neighborhood.

Lindi is in love with writing her letters. This week for preschool I made a worksheet with little picture in boxes (like a; hat, cat, yo yo, table, apple) and the 3 little girls had to look at the picture decide what letter it started with and then write that letter on the line below. I was amazed at how well they all did. Sophi didn't need help with the whole sheet and Lindi asked me to make dotes to trace for 2 of the letters, 'W' and 'G' I realized that Lindi knows lots more than I gave her credit. We also stared memorizing the kindergarten sight words, there are about 30 (ie:is, the, go, no, I, A, to, we, me..) Lindi is loving it. Today at church she just keep putting letters together and asking if it spelled a word. Sometimes it did like, no, go, pot... but other time it was like, "hgpunw" When I said explained wasn't a word she would get all discuraged and try again. It is fun to have her so excited to learn. Also as you can see from this picture she is in love with taking pictures of herself. Every time I go to down load pictures I find at least 4 or 5 like this, well usually not so good.
Trey! wow he is my buddy right now. Most of his life he has always prefer his Dad over me. Well the last week is doesn't want Lorin at all and just wants Mom. It is so fun to feel like the favorite after two and a half years!!! He loves to snuggle up with me in the mornings and have me put him to bed. He has honestly been a dream to potty train. in 3 weeks I have only had to clean up one #2 and like 6 -#1's !!! and he wears a dipper to bed but has only wet in his dipper 2x!!! I hope all my kids can be like this. He is in love with Tarzan the Disney movie and acts like he is Tarzan all the time. He also loves swards, slings and drums! This is a picture of Trey acting like a tiger in a bear costume we need a few more boy dress ups.



9 comments:

Amanda D said...

Great update, kelly. Cute pics! My kids do the same thing with our cozy coupe.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow, cute update Kelli. You definitely have your hands full with all your kids being in different stages, but I bet it is fun too. I loved the pictures too, it makes us miss you guys like crazy! Hope you are feeling well.

rocknclarks said...

Kelli,
Your family is adorable. I can not believe how much you have going on in your life... Congratulations on the new addition! I hope you are taking care of your self!
Andrea

Ashlee Swensen said...

I love those pictures they are so funny! Your kids are so darling.

Rich and Nickie said...

Kelli...how are you? Wow your family sure has changed since we saw you last. It's so fun to see your beautiful growing family. Congrats on the new baby. Hope all is well with your family.

richnliz said...

Thanks for the great family update. And the info. on protecting marriage, so important!!! I appreciate your voice on it all. Just another sign of the times but it doesn't mean we can't try hard to stop things from happening especially when it becomes a moral issue. Take care!!

Kel said...

It looks like there is never a dull moment! Your kids are darling. I am planning a trip to Cedar this fall, and I always think of you when I am there. Thanks for always being such a great example to me!

Melissa said...

Darling babies! Your family is so cute and you are a great mother... Remember to take it easy when you can :)

Kathi Claborn and family said...

Always a joy to see your Blog! You are so amazing and it is so great to see how much you enjoy every stage of the kids!