Monday, November 12, 2007

Caitlins Baptism




This is Caitlin who got baptized this weekend. It was incredible to feel of her strength. For 5 years she has had mixed feeling about getting baptized. She was my EFY girl and we have stayed close ever since. She wanted to join the church when she was 14 but her parents said they would disown her and have nothing to do with it. So she secretly went for a while but is was very hard so just found a church her parents supported her in. Then at the beginning of October I got a call from her telling me she had looked up the missionaries and had them take her to church and she was on her way to her 1st discussion. She then finished all the discussions and know that the time was finally right for her to get baptized. Her parents were/are still 100% against it and said every bad thing you could ever say about the Church when she said she had started to go back to the LDS Church, however Caitlin went forward with faith anyway. (and didn't tell her parents)

I just want to say how proud I am of her and what an incredible example she is to all of us. Of how we need to sacrifice to follow our Heavenly Father. I know this is the True Gospel of Jesus Christ I know that I am a Daughter of God and that someday I can return to live with him again. There are so many things that I get wrapped up in, throughout life...but how important it is to REMEMBER who we truly are. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know he lives!


Also this is Lorin's Seminary Class each of them wrote to Caitlin why they loved being members of this Church. It was incredible to read each of there testimonies as well and feel the strength of the youth today. Lorin loves teaching Seminary to this group of Seniors.

6 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is so exciting. Sorry I didn't find the accomp for you. I didn't realize the baptism was Saturday. She really is such an example of faith, and I love that the seminary students wrote her those letters. What a sweet idea. How did the kiddos do on the trip?

Carolyn Hanson said...

Kelli and Lorin,
What a neat experience to be a part of Caitlin's baptism. That's great! You guys look great-especially you, Kelli! I can't believe you just had Allie a month ago. Way to go! Such a cute growing family!

Amber Olsen said...

Kelli, You are amazing. I'll never forget the scriptures you would write on post it's and leave them on my mirror in college. Your such a true example. The light that you shine makes everyone around you want to obtain the happyiness they feel you have. You are unreal, and I love and miss you.

Natalie Jensen said...

It is so fun to see your family. thats so exciting about the baptism. i am glad to hear all is going well. we hope to see you soon

Rusty and Tara said...

Kelli,
What a great experience! You are, as always, a superwoman. Toting a newborn around with as much energy as ever.

Are you guys coming to UT for Christmas?

Tara

Family Scads said...

Kelli,

Hi, Hi, Hi!!! Do you remember me?? I was you "new best friend" Kim (Schaalje) Scadlock from SUU days! It's been so freaking long since I heard from you. How are you? I ran across your blog really really ramdomly...well I ran across your brothers name on another blog and I thought it might lead to you. I am so glad that it did. Your family is so beautiful. I love your freaking guts!!!

-Kim
scadlock.blogspot.com
nate_and_kim@msn.com