Monday, October 15, 2007

Allie Jane Brown






Allie Jane Brown
Oct. 9, 2007

This is the Letter I sent Abi out on her mission... it is the Story.

When I heard Grandpa Driggs might die I checked into all that would in tell for me being so close to having a baby. I called Dr. Barton (same Dr. who delivered Emily and Sophie) and got an appointment with him just in case. Well then when Grandpa did pass away I know there was no problem with going to Utah . I figured there are Dr. and Hospitals all over and it didn’t matter where I had this baby. So we drove up Friday.

For the viewing on Sunday, I felt just normal and like this baby wasn’t coming any time soon. But then that night she ‘Dropped’ and Monday at the funeral I was having tons of contractions and I thought I might have her that night. I was trying so hard not to make a scene with all the family that was around. It was hard not to since I was walking like I was going to blow and couldn’t stand at all. Well I made it through the day and that night things tapered off a little.

The next morning I went into Dr. Barton. I had made up in my mind that I was going to have this baby in Utah for sure, I know it wasn’t safe to go back with how my body was feeling…and I didn’t want to be in Utah for like 3 weeks so I wanted to have Dr. Barton start me or at least get things going. He helped me out and by 4:30 that day (after doing all the tricks in the book to get babies to come out) I went to the hospital. At 5:00 Jeff broke my water and from there on out I was moving right along. I was going to have this baby with out an epidural but with all the emotions from the week end I opted not to. Well Loirn, Mom, Dad and Trinnie were in the room with me and we were all just hanging out we put in our guesses to when Allie was coming. At 6:00 I was dilated to a about a 6 (you have to get to a 10) then my body slowed down and an hour later we all moved our guesses back one hour. Well Dad guessed Allie would be born at 8:49 pm…pretty close. It was crazy because the nurse didn’t come check me again tell like 8:45 and she was like, “Ok, you are ready let me go call the Dr…. just don’t sneeze.” I then asked Lorin to say a little prayer that everything would go well. As soon as he started the prayer I felt a weird feeling and the whole time just keep thinking. “just say amen...” over and over. As soon as he did say amen I ripped the sheets off of me and there was Allies head!!! For the next 15 min. it was crazy in the room. Mom ran out yelling, “We need a Dr. the babies head is out.” Trinnie was real close and caught the rest of the body and helped the nurse as the rest of the baby came out. Lorin didn’t know what to do. Then came and held my leg. A Dr. that was just out in the Hall ran in and helped after a little bit. He put Allie up on the medical table with all of the hard metal tools. And Mom tried hard to move them so it wouldn’t hurt Allie. I was just in disbelief.

Everything happed so fasted. It was incredible nonetheless. Birth is amazing.

Allie looks more like Trey than Lindi. She has lots of blond hair. I’ll send pics. I spent the next two days at the hospital and then went to Trinnies and spent 3 more. Now it is Sunday and we got back this afternoon I’m just so glad to be home. I am beat and want to get to bed. I will have to write more later. I just wanted you to know the exciting news and how it all went.


12 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! What an incredible story. I'm so glad everything turned out ok. She is adorable and you look great! Congrats!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Kelli- she is absolutely beautiful. You know I am obsessed with hair... and I am obsessed with Allie's hair, there is so much white hair, I LOVE LOVE it. Can't wait to see her at Thanksgiving - you definitely know how to make cute babies! So glad you started a blog...

Kel said...

I was thinking about you today and wondering if you had your little one yet. She is so cute. I am glad things went well. You are great!

mckay said...

Kelli, that is just wrong. No one should look as gorgeous as you do after giving birth!!!!

She is so beautiful! Congratulations, and I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

Love you lots,
Mckay

Kel said...

(This is Kelly [Jensen] Lalliss, by the way. I will send you a link to our blog so you can see our little one as well.)

Callister said...

Hi Kel! I have been thinking about you all week and wondering if you had had that baby yet! Congratulations, she is adorable! You're amazing you know. All around amazing. I can't believe you look so good after giving birth!

On another note, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He really was incredible.

I'm soooo excited you started a blog. Link me up! Love you lots, Nicole

Tenley, Robbie and Brooks said...

Kelli I am so glad we got to see that darling Allie! Thanks for staying in Utah just long enough. It was so good to see you. Love you!

The Scotts said...

She is adorable!! I love all your blonde kids!! What a neat and crazy story! Sound like a fun time at the hospital. I love that she came on her own. That is how Lily was feeling but she managed to stay in. I think 2 minutes longer and she would have been out too! Congrats again! Keep posting on your blog now. I would love to see your family!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Congratulations you guys! Allie is beautiful. I have to say I'm a bit jealous that she has already come because you were due after me and I'm still pregnant!!!! We are happy for you, though. We'll keep you posted!

tiffany knox said...

awesome news!
thanks so much for starting a blog! what a beautiful baby! I love your cute family I cant believe how big it has gotten since AZ you -(as always ) look wonderful! you make it look so easy!
I miss you so much! keep us updated!
Tiff

Let the Good Times Roll said...

It is Saturday night at 11:15 and I was just checking out our blog and saw the first name on our friends list as the Brown Team!!!! WOW, you are a blogger. This is great. I love seeing pics of Lindi and Trey. And now, how cool is it that my uncleship has grown to three. Little Allie, I am so excited for you and I think this will be even better that I can see her grow up through the blogs. I know it is not the same as real life, but it is better than the once every few months. I am lovin it.
Can't wait for more.
Spence.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

Just found your blog. Terrific family and beautiful kids! This story validates why I'm a dentist. CRAZY!!!
We are sending out Christmas cards and don't have addresses for your family.
Will you send
Yours
Your parents
Abby's
Thanks
love Rob