Saturday, December 27, 2008

He is Here!!!

Tucker Leonard Brown

Born Dec. 23, 2008 @ 1:06am

6 Lbs 6 oz / 20 inch



Our Family of 6
Lindi 4 1/2- Allie 14 mts/ Trey 2 1/2


Each kid taking a turn holding their new Brother.




Lorin and Bev Just after Tucker came out.
(To bad they didn't stay by my side the whole time j/k)

Laying in the sun soaking up some vitamin D to help with jaundice
MOVIE CLIP
Just home from the Hospital...



My Letter to Tucker....

I have never counted down to a specific date more than with you. On Nov.15th my body pretty much shut down. I have horrible varicosities while I’m pregnant and with 3 little kids it was hard to stay off of my feet. So after a Saturday work day in the yard, I pushed my limits and your Dad had to carry me to bed. So for the last 6 weeks I’ve been on ‘Bed Rest’ and it has been a tough trial but well worth YOU!

Your due date was Jan 8th however the Doctor said since I was in lots of pain and on bed rest she would let you come on Dec 18th. Granny Bev came down to help and be with your brother and sisters. We were so excited and arrived at the Hospital at 6:30 am for the induction. Four long hours later we were sent home, because there wasn’t enough room in the hospital. The Lord knew you needed a little more time to cook, despite what your Dad and I wanted. Granny extended her stay to the 26th and booked a ticket for Poppy to come for Christmas. We were now counting down to the 23rd of December. Monday the 22nd I went to see the Doctor (Allyson Pielop) and by 2:00pm I was having steady contractions on my own. By 4 PM I was in the hospital excited that you were on your way. The Doctor didn’t break my water until 10 pm because we let her go to her family Christmas party and we were nervous if we did it earlier she would get to her party and then just have to come back to deliver you so we decided we would wait. For me it was the first act of service I had given all Christmas season after having received so much. Around 12:45 am the nurse said I was ready to push. I had a nurse go find Dad and Granny because they had gone to lie down. Right as they walked in each stood by one of my sides. After about two minutes Granny got dizzy and had to sit down. Then 30 seconds later Dad got dizzy. The Hospital was crazy so we were just trying to get nurses to come help. Everyone seemed more concerned about Dad and Granny not fainting… than us…well almost. I only pushed for about ten minutes and you were here.

When you came out Dr. Reddington put you right on my chest. I can’t describe the feelings that rushed through me. I felt so much love and gratitude you were here and healthy. The heavens truly opened up and the veil was so thin.

I couldn’t hold you for long because you weren’t breathing that well. The nurses hurried you off to the nursery to get you on oxygen. You were there for about two hours and then back in my arms. For the first 24 hours you constantly made grunting sounds. At first I didn’t know why but I just kept pretending you were telling me about heaven. I later learned, from Dr. Jones, you had moisture in your lungs.

The hospital stay was wonderful in the fact that I had tons of time with just you. I did share a room with 2 other moms, so it wasn’t always quiet but still peaceful. I didn’t have a phone and only our little family came to visit the next morning. Lindi, Trey and Allie were so excited to see you. It was overwhelming and exciting to have all 4 kids on my hospital bed. Your siblings didn’t stay long. Dad finally got to hold you and then stayed for a few hours. We didn’t have a name picked out until just before we left the hospital. We thought you might be ‘Aaron’ but when we saw you it wasn’t right. Dad and I have a hard time agreeing on boys names; we both loved Tucker so that was that. Your middle name is Leonard after my Grandpa Driggs. He passed away last year and is an incredible man. Dad and I feel honored to carry on his name.

Lindi hasn’t wanted to leave your side. Christmas morning Lindi was the first to wake up, she was sleeping on my floor and you were in my arms. She jumped to her feet and said, “I have to wash me hands!” For the next 40 minuets she was perfectly content just holding you before she was ready to go down and open presents. Christmas Eve as we acted out the nativity Lindi was so excited to have you as her little Jesus. Allie thinks you’re her little doll. When it is her turn to hold you she takes her dear sweet time and won’t let you go until she has given you tons of wet kisses and made you cry with her not-so-soft pats. Trey as been very sweet as well and shows way more interest in you that I thought he would. He has a tender touch with you.

We are so excited you are here! You are perfect. The best Christmas present we will ever have.


23 comments:

Amanda D said...

Congrats to you, Kelli and Lorin! Your letter to little Tucker is beautifully written. I hope your back up to speed soon!

Krista said...

Congrats!! He really is the best Christmas present ever! So adorable!! All your kids are so cute!!

richnliz said...

So sweet congrats take advantage of all the help when you have it. Love you guys!! Trina had her baby on the 26th I am sure you already know. my baby turned 1 today! Lots of Dec. babies. Enjoy Tucker!!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh guys he is so sweet, and I loved the letter Kell. Congrats. We can't wait to meet the little man. We love you!

Natalie Jensen said...

congratulations we sure do love you best wishes- the Jensen clan.

Caitlin said...

He is perfect Kelli!! Allie is precious with him and I am sure Lindi is loving it. I'm glad everything went well and that you are both healthy. I cannot wait to meet him soon! Love you and miss you!

Melissa said...

Wow! What a beautiful little gift. He is beautiful and looks so peaceful. Great name as well. I love it. I still cant believe I havent met now three of your 4!

Heather said...

Congratulations on the birth of Tucker! I am so glad that he made it here safely and that Kelli is also doing well. Thanks also for including your blog on your Christmas letter. Can't wait to read more about you.

Scott and Amy said...

love you kell he is so beautiful!! your such a wonderful mom!

kahnfam said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

Heidi and Maxwell said...

Congratulations Kelli! I am glad that everything turned out so great considering some obstacles. You are a woman of faith and I love that about you. Remember Bill Cosby assembly? ha ha
Enjoy that sweet boy. It truly is amazing how thin the veil can be at times. I love you!
Heidi

Ashlee Swensen said...

Kelli we are so excited for you. I am so glad that he is here safe and you can give your little legs some rest. You have a darling family and he is an adorable addition. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelli what an amazing family you guys have!!! The pics are beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

rocknclarks said...

Congratulations Kelli and fam! We are so glad he is here and healthy. We hope you are all adjusting to a four child family and that things aren't too crazy!!! Best of luck to your little family!!!

michele cabiness said...

I love the pic of Allie holding him. Babies holding babies! So cute. Can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kell! He is beautiful! I can believe how crazy you are - doing yard work and pushing yourself like that! That in itself was God's lesson to you! You too need to take care of yourself along with all four of your children! Ahhh - Love you Kell! Take care... Lots of kisses!

The Richards Family said...

Kelli...remember me? Its Sara Samuelson, Abi's friend? Your bro calls me Bev? I found your blog through Katie's. Wow! you have four kids. Way to go. I cannot think past the 2 I have right now. Well, I just wanted to say hi. Looks like things are going well. My blog is private, but email me and i will invite you if you would like.

sammy.richards@gmail.com

Tim and Holly Fowers said...

Congrats guys! He is so sweet and beautiful. Isn't Dec 23rd Joseph Smiths bday? It is a great day for a Christmas miracle! love you guys!

haley said...

I loved that letter. It reminded me of how I feel after having that blessed experience. There is nothing better in the world, especially for Christmas. I'm glad everything went well. Kelli, you are truly service oriented to think of the doctor's Christmas party before your own labor . I am glad to call you a friend.

richnliz said...

Hey Kelli
I sent you a Christmas card and I got it back I need a better address can you please send it to me I would love for you to have it!!! Thanks I know your busy but when you can:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I love those cute pictures and your sweet letter.(sniff, sniff) I always cry when babies are born. It's the best! Hugs, Amy

K'Lyn said...

Our baby boys came the same day! Congratulations to your growing family. Our Dr. wanted to induce labor the 17th and it just didn't feel right. What a blessing our little..get this - TREYton had the extra time to bake (we saw this and had totally forgotten you had a Trey). Your family is beautiful and we are so happy for you. Hope you are doing well. We love to keep up dated on your sweet family. Take care.
The Thomas Family

camfox said...

Congratulations Kelli. He's a cutie. I'm so glad you've recovered well. I love the family picture on the hospital bed the most. So happy for you guys.
-your temple friend.